Uncertainty 

Thursday, February 12, 2004

We peeled our cat today

I am talking about my anatomy class. It was my first dissecting lab. Wow, these girls are strong; not even one of them fainted! I really didn’t expect this fainting thing to happen, but also I didn’t expect them to do it like they have peeled cats all their lives. We are just three guys in this lab and the rest are girls, and I think I was the only one who couldn’t touch it. It really was worse than what I thought. I was watching health channels all the time when I had cable for free for one month a couple of months ago, so I thought I would be ok; I was far from it. I saw the most horrible surgeries then and never felt so bad. On the way to Wal-Mart, back from my genetic class at 10 pm, I was wondering how natural selection may have opted for this feeling of disgust present in everyone in varying degrees.Then I remembered that I had seen a documentary a couple of years back about cannibals and how they became extinct, probably because of a poisonous protein made up in their bodies. Maybe it was by this that nature has done with those who haven't had much of this feelilng in them. Back to the issue, I really don’t see it in myself that I can get used to it ever.

(posted by Farid)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive