Uncertainty 

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Pluralism(19)

A-1-do you think he is right to do that? if yes:
-shouldn’t he have faith in that whatever ordained by the prophet of God is the best for him? so where is the role of faith here?

B-to me you are saying that faith in the prophet is faith in god. I do not think that is necessarily the same. The prophet is a human instrument and subject to human error. I do not equate prophets with god but see them as messengers of god. But sometimes their own stuff gets in the way. when elisha slew the prophets of bael I do not think that that was god inspired. It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that it was ego inspired.

A--how can he be sure that what his heart wants, no matter how pure he think it is, is calling him to the best?

B-I don't think it really makes a difference here. god looks on the heart'and if his heart is to serve god to the best of his ability than either choice would do that.

(posted by Farid)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive