Uncertainty 

Monday, July 14, 2003

Pluralism(9)
A: if different people are different in their tendencies to follow different religious paths, the God should have sent all the prophets with all the different ways at the same time, at the start of human's life, so all the people would have equal opportunity to follow their right prophet, how would a just God fail to do that? If one prophet is right for someone, but not for another, it wouldn't be justice to send all these different ways to approach God at different times, since lots of people are being deprived of their best teacher in this way.

B:In the above paragraph you are telling God what He or She should have done. If you read the story of Job you get some insight into that. After all of Job's questioning of God, God shows up and starts asking Job some questions. One of the first one is how can you use your limited understanding to question my actions? "Job 38:2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Job 38:3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shallanswer me.Job 38:4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Then Job said, Wow, I've been speaking about things that I know nothing about.

(posted by Farid)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive