Uncertainty 

Saturday, July 12, 2003

pluralism(7)

A: you added this : as long as it produces godly fruit: many fundamentalist and terrorist groups strongly believe that what they are doing is the right thing and that brings Godly fruit, and they think that this is the best way they are serving people, they think by killing Americans they are serving them, since they are stopping them form doing more sins, and they also are dictating their heart, so it turn out to be a very dangerous guideline if we leave it to everyone's notion of the right thing and the right service to humans.
B:Yes, they think it is fruit but it is not. This is what I meant by the heart is deceitful. However, if I met a deeply spiritual (not religious) Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, etc. I believe that their lives would show fruit. I can't conceive of a Mother Teresa,Gandhi, Dali Lama, etc, people whom I consider to be on a path to God, deciding to bomb and kill innocent people. I can conceive of people being convinced that this is good, but that does not make it good and spiritual people know that in their heart.

(posted by Farid)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive