Uncertainty 

Friday, July 18, 2003

Pluralism(12)

A:I have studied Job and I liked it so much; your referring to this story means that you don't have the answer to my question but consider it a working of God that we may not necessarily understand. Let’s look at it more closely:
We know for sure that God deliberately put Job in trouble (though by Satan's being the one who made God do that by his doubting righteousness of job), so this is what we are sure about,…(cont. in the next post)

B: "We know for sure . . ." (THOSE ARE DANGEROUS WORDS I don't think we know that for sure. I think that Job is a symbolic or metaphysical parable. You can read it many ways. What I believe is true is that God allows Satan to tempt us. Does God allow Satan to torture us? I don't believe that though I can see how one could get that from reading Job. Job indicated that HE BROUGHT IT ALL ON HIMSELF. I believe that. He said, "That which I greatly feared has come upon me." I think we attract situations to ourselves by our beliefs. That does not explain everything but it explains some things. Reincarnation also explains a lot things. Again, that's a theory, but I believe it.

(posted by Farid)



Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive