Uncertainty 

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Pluralism(11)


B: To me, all this discussion about theology and beliefs is simply an intellectual exercise. There is nothing wrong with that, but it does not make one any more or less spiritual. Mother Teresa chided a group of experts who were discussing hunger. She said, You sit and talk about it. When I see a hungry person, I feed them. The difference, to me, between religion and spirituality is that religion is an intellectual activity. There are rules and reasons and explanations. It is concerned with the letter of the law. Spirituality is concerned with the spirit of the law. It is concerned with doing godly things in order to serve God whom one loves deeply. Jesus condemned the religious leaders of his day. Why? Because they were into who is right, wrong, etc. and didn't serve the needy, etc. If God is love, then the test of loving God is showing love to others. I have little respect for titles, for people who have degrees or positions in a church. My respect goes to the people who are living a godly life. What prayers for you and your family.

(posted by Farid)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive