Uncertainty 

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

The Gorilla in Dallas Zoo

I spent three hours in the Dallas Zoo today. The most interesting for me was a big gorilla, about three times as big as an ordinary man, acting very solemnly, turning his eyes quite deliberately with an obvious intention to look and find out about something followed by an occasional gaze that I have never seen in any other animal. He had a big stick at his hand, standing there with a human pose watched by all the people around him.He seemed in full control of his head and eye movements, conscious about the presence of people there. It reminded me of the documentary I saw on TV a while ago about a famous gorilla who could communicate with some bodily signs with his trainer.

(posted by Farid)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive