Uncertainty 

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Hooman and me

Sunday afternoon, I met with Hooman in Montreal. It was interesting. I knew him through his writings in Hooman's Scribbles and we have not seen each other before. It was a great meeting. He was real! and as I guessed, he was smart. We talked about different topics. I realized that we have common opinion about many things. The issue that both us have written some thing in our blogs was diversity of Iranian society and this fact that Iranian weblogs cannot be the real representative of this diversity. Indeed, western readers (in larger scale in Media) usually overemphasize those parts that they like. I recall during US- Iraq war, I discussed with some American bloggers about the possibility of democracy in Iraq after war. They believed that it would be possible and referred me to some American conservative politicians, blogger, journalists and also an Iraqi blogger (if I am not mistaken, Raed).

As Rumi said
Each one of them had their own reasons for befriending me...
but none asking my heart my secret tried comprehending me.
I hope Hooman will be successful in his life. I send my best wishes to him and his family.

(posted by Iman)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive