Uncertainty 

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Death

Five minutes after reading this you might be dead. Are you ready?!. Have you made your wishes clear?
Death is the most difficult question that every body may ask. I think the essence of death is not the main question but rather our feeling and reaction is much more important. For example, many cancerous patients ask me “why me?” when they are told you have cancer. You cannot believe it. You feel that you cannot obtain your wishes. Regarding my personal experience (when I was fighting with death for more than 14 days and I could not walk and every night I thought this is the last night), I believe Death is the most frightening matter in every human being’s life. Horrible feeling of loneliness and you know nobody can help you in that situation!!Nevertheless, we can look at this issue through another point of view as the Great Rumi says;


I've said before that every craftsman
searches for what's not there
to practice his craft.
A builder looks for the rotten hole
where the roof caved in. A water-carrier
picks the empty pot. A carpenter
stops at the house with no door.
Workers rush toward some hint
of emptiness, which they then
start to fill. Their hope, though,
is for emptiness, so don't think
you must avoid it. It contains
what you need!
Dear soul, if you were not friends
with the vast nothing inside,
why would you always be casting you net
into it, and waiting so patiently?
This invisible ocean has given you such abundance,
but still you call it "death",
that which provides you sustenance and work.
(by Rumi VI,1369-1420)

(posted by Iman)



Comments: Post a Comment

Home
Archive